Monday, August 4, 2008

Quick update on Baby Talon...

Hello family. I'm taking a very quick moment to let everyone know that we are finally home as a family. Baby Talon had a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) that was treated with IV antibiotics plus, his on a prescription for 10 more days here at home. There were two main test done trying to determine the cause: an ultra sound of his kidneys - both are healthy and great; and a test whose name is too long for me to remember what it's called, but basically, his little bladder was filled with fluid from a catheter to see if the fluid would reflux up into the tubes that hook to the kidneys. Thankfully, the fluid did not reflux and the valves and tubes are working correctly. Baby Talon is doing well. He was such a brave little trooper through 3 attempts with long needles in his back in the emergency room as they tried to get spinal fluid for tests, the many attempts of putting in 3 successful IVs during our 4 day stay, blood tests by pricking his little heels and squeezing them to get blood samples, and many doses of antibiotics into his IV during all hours of the day and night. We both got very little sleep between all of this and the necessary feedings for my precious baby boy. I took a lot of peace from the blessing my home teacher and his father gave Talon and the priesthood blessing they gave me on our first day in the hospital. Heavenly Father said that all would be fine and Talon would be well. We have a follow up appointment with the doctor tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. Talon still needs to have his circumcision - hopefully the last of medical procedures for a while! Thank you everyone for your love, support, prayers, and fasting. We felt your love and appreciate being part of such a great circle of family and friends.
We Love You All!
Alisha and Talon

5 comments:

  1. So sorry for the complications, poor little guy! Glad to hear things are on the up and up and your all home! Contratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea you guys were having a hard time. I am glad to hear that things are looking better. Hang in there. Love you! R.R.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh...sweet little Talon. What a brave boy (with brave parents! I'm glad y'all are home and that everything is going better. The circumsion should seem like a walk in the park compared to what you've just been through. You are still in our prayers and when you get a chance in the next few weeks. We'd love to see a few more pictures (NO pressure!) See...isn't it great to communicate via a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that everything is ok. Ever since Kristen's post on the family website I've been a little stressed for you little family. We can't wait to meet the little guy and could be happier for you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We of the Wyoming Welchs Know all about your trail. Cari had the same trouble, but they found that the tubes were m not were the should have been. At 13 month major repair were done. We can feel for the needles blood tests and all. But, after the repairs were done Cari Recovered and is a ball of fire. I wish i knew were that switch was that the doc flip to the on position, sometimes I'd like to flip it off just to get a rest. Glad all is well, take care
    Love Windy Welch's of Wyoming

    ps/ wish we could be there for the blessing, but I'll be working and Cari's back in school and diving meets. Be happy!

    ReplyDelete