Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Talon's new room - All Done! :)




So here is a cute picture of the star attraction in my life. Mr. Talon Reed Gearhart. For this little superstar, I will be flexing my creative muscles to make over Clint's old room into Talon's new room. The next few posts will be of the progress of this project from start to finish. The goal is to have Talon into his room before Halloween!!!

Below is a "before" photo after all of Clint's belonging have been removed from the room:


The following are "work in progress" photos after painting the tinted primer on the walls. WOW! What a difference from that vibrant blue! There are still hints of the blue between the ceiling and the walls - so I'm considering if I want to attempt crown molding to cover it up. We'll have to see how adventurous I feel.



















UPDATE: I just sold Clint's loft bed and matress for $350!!! That will pay for the other 1/2 of the boys new carpet!!! I'm SO excited. :)

Sadly, Clint has left for college and his room has been stripped bare. Happily, I am well on my way to converting this room into Talon's room. The full-size loftbed has been disassembled and placed on craigslist for sale (thanks to Trent helping me get it appart and into the garage). The blue valance curtains and the blue closet curtains have been taken down and are in the washer.



Today I washed all of the walls and base boards to get ready to paint. I'm hoping to do the base boards today or tomorrow, and the room walls Friday or Saturday. I'll be matching the wall color to the green in some great wood letters Aunt Sylvia made for Talon's room. I'll post pictures of my progress - if I remember to keep taking pictures. Here is a picture of Talon sitting in his latest treasure! This was a hanging shelf that Clint had under the bed by the window. Talon lugs this thing EVERYWHERE!



Talon is so cute! The room door was always shut to keep him out of Clint's things. Now that it is his room and it's currently empty, I leave the door open. He LOVES to go into the room dragging toys behind him and just hang out in there now and then. One time I walked into check on him. He he stood in the middle of the room with his arms stretched out to the side palms up and turned side to side. I always say to him, "This is Talon's room!" I think the little jester and smile were saying, "This is MY room!"


I think he will enjoy this new space for him. I know I will enjoy being able to enter and exit MY bedroom and bathroom as needed with out stressing about waking a sleeping little boy. Ron is most excited to get a TV back into the room. He enjoys watching it to fall asleep.


We leave for Pennsylvania for Talon to meet his Gearhart and Clayton family members on Sept. 2nd. My goal is to have all the painting done before we leave. Then, the room will be ready for it's new carpet to be installed when we get back. Trent is getting new carpet too. He is VERY excited - I even let him choose the carpet (out of samples I selected within our price range). You should have seen the 2-inch shag carpet he wanted! How do you even vacuum something like that?!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! So exciting!!! I can't wait to see the transformation. I'll be watching. And how cute is that little guy? A bedroom of his own will make life so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we'll be decorating at the same time! I'm trying to get my new apartment in order and I'll have to post pictures when I'm done too. However, there will sadly be no shag carpeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to create a new room - especially for a little one. Can't wait to see the finished product. Talon is getting big too fast. First it's his own room, next it will be his own car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute room. I LOVE IT!!! Do you want to come and do mine for me now? LOL You did an amazing job and Talon is going to LOVE his new room. He is too cute and getting so big. How fun for you and him! Lots of Love and Smiles from the Bay! XOXO

    ReplyDelete